Sunday, December 4, 2011

Christmas Tree 2011

This weekend we got our Christmas tree. Since it was Ella's first time joining along, I (of course) brought along the camera and caught a few shots. I always pictured the four of us holding hands, giggling, skipping through the woods, sipping our hot cocoa, in cute wool sweaters and warm fuzzy boots, going to find our tree and watching daddy chop it down himself. But then reality sets in and I realize, that's a JCrew ad.
JCrew obviously has never dealt with a 2 1/2 year old and a teething 11 month old.


So, we did the next best thing; went to our local farm stand (Smith Acres) and picked out a pre-cut tree.
So much less time; so much less tears; so much worth it.


Because this winter is a special winter (Ella turns 1 on December 14th), I decided to decorate our Christmas tree differently; decked out in pink.

I used silver and glass balls (Target), pre-cut snowflakes (Target), simple white Christmas lights and antique white bubble lights (a gift handed down from my grandmother). Then, I made pink, beige and music note pinwheel ornaments out of cardstock paper. This things were super easy to make,
template here.
This will probably be the only year that I'll actually be able to do an all-pink tree, so I'll savor each and every moment with it.
Wouldn't you?


2 comments:

  1. Your children are adorable! Love the tree. Happy early birthday to her :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tree looks great ash! can't wait to see it in person this weekend :)
    -Holly

    ReplyDelete